- My kids often elect to delay gratification. This is not news to me. What amused me today, was to discover that one of their favourite kinds of crackers qualifies as a treat worth saving (see photo, up therrr'). I assure you these do not remain on their plates due to dislike or lack of appetite! Bless them. (These were furnished as mid- dinner prep distractions.) And saving in tandem, too. My chest got hot and airtight at the sight.
- We usually eat our main meal of the day around 1pm. This works for us, largely because of Haki's work schedule (he's usually home for lunch but leaves before dinner), but I also have more motivation and patience around this time. Come the evening hours and I very often think a quick sandwich or some such small solution sounds super. Sssssth.
- Aside: the plates the girls' crackers are being saved on? I picked 'em up for free from a giveaway box out front at a local Sallies (I was only there to drop off, by the way /bow). Haki's thoughts on these plates? Nana plates. Me? I think they are glorious.
- We are currently reducing our sugar intake. Isn't everyone?
- I am still eating seriously large volumes of food (including The Salad). Mia is still nursing in seriously large volumes. I am worried about the latter eventually ceasing and the former not getting the memo. Ah!
Autumn Canoeing in the Tetons
11 minutes ago