Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Convenient Truth

I love that if I buy liquorice I don’t have to hide it from Haki.


He finds it repulsive.


This means I can have a delectable treat on proud display for days, if necessary, and it will still be there when I come home.

I don’t have to go to all the hassle of finding a new hiding place, putting the goods in another container or wrapping, and ensuring I don’t rustle any wrappers in this process.

Liquorice is easy compared to chocolate, candy, and above all, ice cream (for obvious unhideability reasons – although I have considered removing the label and writing on “Lentil Soup”.)

It’s not that I don’t want to share these things, it’s that I want to have MY share. You see, upon discovering such a stash, Haki really wants to save me some, I believe that, but he finds it very difficult to stop once he’s started. In fact, it’s near impossible. I figure I’m saving him the reoccurring confrontation with that agonising reality by simply purchasing something that doesn’t tempt him. You’re welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails