Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wordles Speak Louder Than Words

So, maybe I am last to discover these wondrous things; please permit me to share their wonder nonetheless.

In case I am not last, perhaps I should answer, “What’s a Wordle?”

A Wordle is (according to the site):

a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and [colour] schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.1

I love them. I think they are pretty much an art.

Thank you to Janssen, for sharing her very own wonderful Wordle, and thereby introducing me to their greatness.

My Very Own

I pasted in ALL of my text from my blog to date (not just a link to my blog), and produced this word cloud. (You can click on it to view a larger image...go on, you know you want to really "get me". This is the portal to my very soul.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails