Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Fabulous Mondegreen in Summer Music

For those that don't know already, I'm not a big fan of radio.

But boy oh boy am I glad I happened to listen two Saturdays ago. I thank a young lady host on ZM for...
a) introducing me to this song (because I find it very jivey and good); and


("I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz)

b) confessing her very own Mondegreen from within it!

Please listen to the chorus (even if you've heard the song before). You'll hear the promise, "I won't hesitate no more, no more". Lovely, right?

The ZM chickadee said it's been killing her that for ages she'd been certain Jason Mraz was singing about having a bad ethnic food experience, and she wasn't sure how this related to the rest of the song...because SHE thought he was singin', "I won't have satay no more, no more".

Now listen again. EXTRA-lovely, right?

Now when I hear the song, I not only smile for its summery upbeatness, but also because that is the best Mondegreen I have heard all year.

Top it, I dare you.
Related Posts with Thumbnails