This is a dish my dear friend, Tracy, would make some of "her" nights on dinner in my second year University flat. We three had it tonight.
1 cup natural yoghurt / sour cream / cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 cup boiled spinach (thoroughly drained)
A pinch of basil
A pinch of salt
A few shakes of nutmeg (this is the secret magic!)
1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour into a pie dish.
- Cook for 35 minutes, sprinkling some extra cheese on top for the last 2-3 minutes.
- I buy frozen spinach for about $1.59 in a box, and only use half for this dish.
- Spinach should be drained super-well.
- I usually make it with one 250g pottle of sour cream.
- Tonight I used reduced fat sour cream, trim milk, and Edam cheese - as the mother-in-law is on Weight Watchers.