Thursday, February 19, 2009

Frisky Frittata


This is a dish my dear friend, Tracy, would make some of "her" nights on dinner in my second year University flat. We three had it tonight.

It's delish.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 cup natural yoghurt / sour cream / cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 cup boiled spinach (thoroughly drained)
A pinch of basil
A pinch of salt
A few shakes of nutmeg (this is the secret magic!)
1 cup grated cheese

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Whisk all ingredients together.
  3. Pour into a pie dish.
  4. Cook for 35 minutes, sprinkling some extra cheese on top for the last 2-3 minutes.
Notes:
  • I buy frozen spinach for about $1.59 in a box, and only use half for this dish.
  • Spinach should be drained super-well.
  • I usually make it with one 250g pottle of sour cream.
  • Tonight I used reduced fat sour cream, trim milk, and Edam cheese - as the mother-in-law is on Weight Watchers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails