Wednesday, May 27, 2009

O-Week: Lessons Learned

Here are some lessons I've learned in our first week as parents to our Miss E:
  • If you start sleeping in clothes, you can trick visitors into thinking you get dressed each morning;
  • You can measure the level of your sleep deprivation by the quality of your conversation. For example, you might be lacking some z's when you have an exchange such as this:
Angela: Seeing Baby E has started crying in her husband's arms. Would you like me to feed her?
Haki: Ah...do you want me to do it? Pause. I could throw her on my nipple.
Angela: Yes. Please do.
Haki: Shaking his head in disgust. What are you?
Angela: *
  • You can measure the level of discomfort you are experiencing by the number of responses you can furnish at the point indicated by the asterisk.
What are you?
*"Sore."
*"Tired."
*"A cow."
*"Open to new ideas."
*"All yours, baby."
*"Deranged, apparently?"


You folks with multiples and large families...props. I am in awe of you.
Related Posts with Thumbnails