Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Snowed In...Sorta

We awoke to the sound of the cellphone alarm at 7:30am.

We dressed (for me, this involved putting on a jacket and shoes). We then dressed Baby E, and tethered her into her carseat. I was to drop Haki off at work so I could attend a meeting later in the day (we have but the one vehicle). Bundled, and mostly awake, I opened the front door, nappy bag in hand.

"Honey," I said in a rising tone.

Haki joined me, standing at my shoulder, within the house looking out.
Snow, glorious snow. Settled on the ground...in a city without the means to clear any of it.

We closed the door and begin stripping back the layers we'd just donned.

After making a call to confirm Haki was not expected to attend work, Haki joined me under the duvet with Baby E, and then shared this exclamation:

"We get to watch Ellen!"*



*A week and a half at home after Baby E's birth has apparently revolutionised my husband's feelings about daytime television.


P.S. As it turns out, we hit the road later on anyway - off to a nearby home to hibernate in numbers playing games and sucking down delicious pumpkin soup! Ellen didn't get a look-in.
Related Posts with Thumbnails