Monday, August 17, 2009

The Pleasant Call


Today I received a pleasant phonecall.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I'm the nurse you came in and spoke to last week. I just wanted to call and thank you for having the guts to come in and say what you did. That took guts."

"So did calling me, thank you. It means a lot."

"Well, I've had nightmares about it since. The more I think about it, the more horrified I am. It was unprofessional...and just plain rude."

"Thank you. I feel more than happy to come back again now, and know that I can smile when I see you."

"You do that. Okay, well, bye."

"See you there, bye."


True story.
She called. She would have had to ask the nurse who did see me who I was. She may even have explained why. She would have had to have written my number down from my file, and called when she got home (it just didn't sound like the clinic). She would have told her husband.

The Unpleasant Thing is now laid to rest. Well, except for the whole Google-storing- information-forever factor. Sorry about that.


P.S. Feel free to get me a phone like this, anyone.
Related Posts with Thumbnails