Sunday, September 20, 2009

There's a Spring in my step

I know Spring is here because...

I got my first itchy bite:


The sun's been shining lately. We decided it was a great day for going to the botanical gardens...


We spread out a blanket for some Spring-reading...


Although it was a little nippy (it is Dunedin, after all), we still thought it was a great day for going to the botanical gardens...

Judging by the amount of duck food we found there, so did everyone else...


After consoling myself over the disappointment of overfed fowl, we swung by the herb garden on the way out to collect some fresh herby goodness to add to the evening's dinner...


So here we have it; fresh tomatoes I can afford, free lemon balm garnish, and fresh rosemary in my cous cous!


And that, my friends, was our Saturday.



Further notes on photos for people who care:
  1. Yes, Esky is having Tummy-time in the background of the shot. She is also looking straight at Haki taking the photo, no doubt wondering, "Why is the camera not pointed at me?" But back to the itchy bite - you can't see it? But it's so obvious! See, I've circled it. Furious scratching is indicated by the arrows...and as shown by the cross, the most red area is, in fact, NOT said itchy bite, but rather evidence of my clumsily jamming my arm in the buggy when folding it up to put in the boot. I have many such clutz-marks.
  2. I love a) the way Esky is clutching Zig; and b) that our nappy bag matches the carseat - what a happy accident. I also love that I got it for pennies.
  3. Books: His = City of Bones, Cassandra Clare, Hers = A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster(-Bujold - but not on this edition's cover apparently)
  4. We call this particular beanie Esky's "aviator".
  5. I know posting the herb garden with all its free bounty is going to cause my now-departed (from NZ, not this world) friend, Sherry, to feel her stomach muscles contract with longing. This is part of why I did it. I think Heather will miss the gardens. This is also a bonus. Just come back you two, it's quite simple.
  6. The fish is my favourite fish - gurnard! Gurnard cooked in a garlic and butter sauce I made...even better. Mmmmmm. I wish there was another colour on this plate. It's making me sad.
Related Posts with Thumbnails