Thursday, January 21, 2010

"That's 'Miss Teacher,' to you"

Some time ago, (October 2008, to be exact), I described the games I played most often in my childhood. As I scribed my recollection of playing "Schools", I vowed to find a certain photograph from my parents' collection to submit as evidence.

The photo has been found by the brothers-in-law;

That is me, sitting in what I deemed in my 8 or 9-year-old brain to be very teacherly attire. My two little sisters - my pupils on "the mat". Boxes form side cubby holes, and plastic chairs are both student seating and desks.

For newer readers / those who don't know me so well, there are a couple of things I'd like to tell you:
  1. I was an embarrassingly bossy child.
  2. My sisters are sweethearts.
  3. While I was waiting to becoming a mother, I decided to train as a teacher - and of all my occupations previous to motherhood, I found teaching to be the one I felt most drawn to.
  4. I'm pretty sure my mother still wears the sweater I am wearing in this scene.
Related Posts with Thumbnails