Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wederrandsday Numbers

We bought this dining suite* on TradeMe a few weeks ago (the shot straight from the listing):

It was one of the things we tripped up to Christchurch to collect...and left without, reluctantly. After we returned, the MIA-trader resurfaced, and said the set would be arriving at our door. A week later, she said it would be arriving late...at our door. Two weeks later it arrived late...at an industrial business property in Mosgiel for our collection. And today was the day I collected it.
  • 3 - the number of people that told me I would be unable to fit our "new" dining suite into Thimba (our car);
  • 3 - the number of people I proved wrong. Ha - I am the Russian Doll!
  • 1 - how many people it took to carry the set up into The Lighthouse and assemble it...*cough cough*.
  • 1 - the number of husbands that couldn't believe I did this alone.
  • 16 - how many times I changed my mind about the configuration of the table and chairs in our kitchen.
  • 50 - the approximate number of millilitres of Esky-drool that pooled in the nape of my neck while we snatched a well-deserved nap on the couch.

*I would like the paint the chairs fire engine red to fit in with my Coney Island kitchen theme. Or white. Or powder blue. Later. Haki has told me to stop nesting and projecting and get on with my website contracts. I will reveal the spruced kitchen, complete with the second-hand, country-style dining suite in due time, my dears, in due time.
Related Posts with Thumbnails