Monday, March 15, 2010

Boss Brownies

This recipe has the same source as those killer cookies I make - my sister-in-law, Yvonne. this recipe produces my favourite American brownie consistency - soft and a little chewy, that is. If you resist the urge to keep cooking until you have cake (because you can dry them out if you really want to), then you too can experience the same mouth-magic.


4 eggs
2/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Whip wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add all dry ingredients on top of wet mixture.
  4. Blend wet and dry ingredients well.
  5. Spoon into a 15 x 30cm dish (or something of similar area).
  6. Cook for around 40 minutes. I watch there to be no movement moving the dish.  Skewers don't help me much with these.
I serve cold (the next day they're chewy!) with sifted icing sugar on top. This is entirely optional.
Here's a cake stand for us, and a basket for friends. Haki would add that serving with a glass of milk (pictured), unlike the icing sugar, is not optional.

Related Posts with Thumbnails