2/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whip wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients on top of wet mixture.
- Blend wet and dry ingredients well.
- Spoon into a 15 x 30cm dish (or something of similar area).
- Cook for around 40 minutes. I watch there to be no movement moving the dish. Skewers don't help me much with these.
Here's a cake stand for us, and a basket for friends. Haki would add that serving with a glass of milk (pictured), unlike the icing sugar, is not optional.