Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm not telling porkies

Today I went grocery shopping.
Ladies in blue wearing badges were giving out balloons on sticks.
I got an apple green one for Esky.
Then the blue ladies gave me a flyer with a key stuck to it.
They told me to go to the BNZ South Dunedin branch and stick the key in a lock to see if I had won a prize.
I looked at the key.
The blue ladies said I really should go, "One person will win 10,000 FlyBuys points, and 10 will win 100."
I looked at the key s'more.
Then I looked at the time.
I was pretty sure I was going to be able to unlock the lock.
So after packing my groceries into the car, I zipped to the bank.
I watched the lady before me try to turn her key.
No luck.
I gave her my condolences....
and slid in my key.
And turned.
"Click."
I wasn't surprised at all.
Inside the chest I'd unlocked were 6 or 7 (remaining) piggy banks.
The bank man told me to pick one, and inside it would reveal my prize.
I picked this one.
I won 100 FlyBuys points.

We will be ordering a book of 10 movie tickets...."for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" (Name that movie!)

Plus, I get to keep the pig....and the balloon. Awesome.
Related Posts with Thumbnails