Saturday, June 5, 2010

Belgiums and Broccoli


After finishing dinner...

Me: "There are treats."
Haki: "Oh?"
Me: "Yes. Treats." I lead him over to the cupboard, and pop off one of the cookie tin lids to reveal four Belgium Biscuits, and beam.
Haki: "Where are the other four?"
Me: "What?!"
Haki: "Where are the other four biscuits?"
Me: "They come in packs of four."
Haki: "No they don't."
Me: "Packs of six?"
Haki: Scoffing, "Whatever...you ate yours. Those are mine."
Me: "No, I had cookies for dessert last night. You had dessert at Eureka" [Haki dined out with work chums - a three course meal. I opted for toast since it was only me and Esky home.]
Haki: "So."
Me: "Well, where's my share of your dessert?" The tin has been closed, I start doing dishes.
Haki: "You weren't there."
Me: Calling out after Haki as he leaves the kitchen, "Exactly. The cookies were my consolation!"
Haki: "Those four are mine."
Me: "You can have two."
Haki: "Three." Talking from the bedroom as he changed into his PJs.
Me: "No."
Haki: "Yes! Have a sandwich...have a broccoli!"

That is not a typo. Those were his words; "a broccoli."

Also, I have to negotiate to split the remaining shares of cookies? What now? I don't think so. Who's with me? Absent husband, eating flash food out, no less, means wife eats treats. Am I right? Am I right? He's lucky I saved him any.


And yes, I have noticed many of the interactions between me and my husband (like this one and this one) seem to be related to treats...and us fighting over them like little children.
Related Posts with Thumbnails