Thursday, June 24, 2010

Formica Flashcards

Walking hand-in-hand with a one-year-old in a mega-building and hardware store, I couldn't help but eye up every object as a potential play-thing. The samples wall in the "kitchens" area was no exception. All of the neatly arranged colourful tags beckoned to my offspring. It was as she swayed and pulled towards the tempting array that I decided take-home kitchen counter swatches really are the makings for a super toy; free, sturdy, custom-made (ahem, I chose the colours myself), with pre-drilled holes and alliterative. We all know how alliteration makes my heart sing.

And that, my dears, is the story of how Esky's Formica Flashcards were born.

Yes, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be checking that display to expand our colour selection. Although I must confess, I'm not mourning pink's absence from this little rainbow.

Make a set for your kidlet/niece/nephew/grandchild/husband/neighbour/mailman! Or for all of them. Just don't all go into the same store on the same day, now will ya?...or they'll be hounds on my heels, I'm sure of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails