Monday, June 28, 2010

An Ode to my Wood Cupboard

My Dear Wood Cupboard,

How I love thee.
  • I love to organise your bowels.
  • I love gathering free fire fodder from our section to fill you. Oh, and from the streets of Dunedin.
  • I love the way your doors open up conveniently right next to the fire;
  • ...AND the way your doors open up conveniently in the Coney Country Kitchen (that's right, all those cupboards open in both rooms.../sigh.../swoon) - so that we can carry the filling for your insides a short distance from the main door, and over a wooden floor.
  • Most of all, I love that you exist - that I don't need to buy a wood basket, or shoo my child away from an indoor woodpile...that I can close you away, and all is tidy-like. And you don't mind.
I love this house...even if we still can't sleep in our bedroom. You can see our mattress in that middle shot. Teehee.
Related Posts with Thumbnails