Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's not magic

Haki returned home from another business trip, late last night. It was dark, it being late at night 'n' all.

This morning, when we woke, it was light.

Haki: "What is that?"
Me: "What?"
Haki: "On the ceiling."

Please Note: I do not have my contact lenses in, and therefore can make out a smudge.

Me: "Ah, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's just the crack in the roof from where the water was coming through the worst."
Haki: "No, it's more than a crack. It's like someone's punched a hole in the roof...and a cord's sticking out."
Me (dismissively): "No"

Another note: Haki does not get up and look. Neither do I. Instead, we allow our Saturday lie-in to continue. We forget about the punched-hole/smudge/crack.

{We are still waiting to hear back after **I proposed the owners install a heatpump (aircon) as compensation for the 6 weeks of damp. I think it's a win-win, an investment for the owners (instead of a cash loss), and an improvement for us (and logical, related action in response to a problem related to damp).}

The lie-in has reached its end. Esky and I get up and have breakfast and play in the kitchen. We return to drag Haki out to play with us (he is reading online things on the lappy). Then I remember the punched-hole/smudge/crack. Now I have my glasses on, so I step up onto the bed and peer up to examine the ceiling situation.


Me: "It's a mushroom."


No. joke.


Haki: "It's making my skin crawl."
Me: "I bet."


P.S. Yes, I have emailed this photo to my land-lady. I do so hope it will help the owners with their decision.**
Related Posts with Thumbnails