Thursday, July 15, 2010

Living Room Makeover


This project was a lot of little projects in one. Painting frames multiple coats, having matte
boards cut, designing the black and white print (above the blue alphabet) and gathering cheap additions to help lighten up the room a little (like the distressed light blue frame and white porcelain leaf I found in Sallies).

You'll notice the distinct absence of a tree wall transfer.

Esky's glee at jumping off her ride-on to storm that photo is the brightest thing in the room, of course (you can see her ride, idling and peeking behind the couch).

Ooo - you can see one of approximately ten "interim lounge configurations" in the "Project Tree Transfer: Fail" post (I couldn't stand blank spots, so rearranged the room in between each project).

The view is pretty much the same before and after...I just couldn't resist snapping it.

All of this went on while we were camped out in the middle of that sea of maroon carpet.
Once the mattress was returned to the bedroom, I stood back and asked, "What do you think, honey?" as a held my arms wide, spinning slowly.
"Not that much has changed," he said.
Not much has changed.
Pah.

I don't know if it's me getting used to a mattress on the floor, or if it's Haki's comment, but now I feel the living room makeover is unfinished.

What d'ya think?



Related Posts with Thumbnails