Friday, August 20, 2010

Meatballs - with Mint and Coriander


I (heavily) adapted this recipe to create a fresh-tasting alternative to the Italian trap I so frequently fall into when beef mince is to be the meat of the day. I've made it three or four times since, and I love it. Haki is not so fussed on these flavours, or this particular variation, but he eats it without complaint.

Ingredients:
500g minced beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon fish sauce / oyster sauce (I've used both)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon torn mint leaves
1 tablespoon torn coriander leaves

Method:
  1. Mix well.
  2. Roll into balls.
  3. Shallow fry in sesame oil. (I haven't grilled them yet, myself, but they sure would be better for us if I would.)
Serve with (what I've chosen has varied each time)...
Related Posts with Thumbnails