Saturday, August 7, 2010

Whatever happened to that mushroom?

Good news:
A man whom I shall refer to as, "The Fungi-man," came and removed our ceiling mushroom, treated the area for fungi, and patched the crack with filler. The Fungi-man reported Pink Batts in the ceiling cavity, and so he could not confirm nor deny if there were more mushrooms on the other side of our ceiling. I tried to conceal my disappointment that FernGully was not discovered in our attic. The Fungi-man was done. He left.

Bad news:
Remember how our roof got a dose of moss-kill, water-blasting, and sludgey-seal? Today it is raining. And there's a bucket on the bed again.

Good news:
I bought marshmallows.

P.S. Our landlady got back to us one week after the mushroom was reported (photo included). She explained, "I'm sorry, I would have replied sooner, but I thought it was a joke."
Related Posts with Thumbnails