Serves: 6 (generously)
I eat a bowl of this for dinner, and this alone...and then again for second dinner...and the following day's lunch.
Time required: 10 minutes, max.
3 cups couscous (or one 500g box)
1 t rock salt
1 t crushed pepper
1 t sage
1 t thyme
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock/powder to create equivalent, just boiled
2 cups water, just boiled
2 T olive oil (or a "splash")
2 T lemon juice
2 T sundried tomatoes, sliced
2 T black olives, sliced
A handful of chopped spring onion
Half block feta (or 100g), crumbled
- Place couscous and spices in a large bowl - allow for swelling, and stirring without spilling. If you are adding stock powder, include it with the other dry spices. Mix well.
- Pour over 3 cups hot liquid (all water if you've added dry stock, or part and part stock and water otherwise). Stir.
- Cover and leave for about 3 minutes.
- Uncover and behold the magic. Stir with a fork and break up any lumps.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir with a fork some more, and serve.