Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tin-mania

I like keeping things in tins. Like cereal boxes...
and candy...
and plasters (Band-aids):

And toy sets, puzzles, baking, haberdashery, beads, buttons, card-making supplies, baubles, trinkets, ribbon, pegs, clips, hooks, rub-ons, letters, and anything laying around the house - basically.

Over the past year or so I have slowly collected old cookie and other tins from op shops, and then spread myself out periodically on the living room floor to cover them while Haki watches cooking shows.

Some I've produced specifically to house Esky's things...

...but many are now home to my craft supplies (like the one picture below).

The basic process:

It's a cheap solution for organising paraphernalia, or a nice touch to add to gifted baking or other tinned gifts. Plus, it's a project you can chip away at over time (like me).

This is another project I simply found and replicated - it's not my idea! And so please refer to the many, many tutorials on the subject elsewhere...like this one on Design*Sponge, this one over at CraftStylish, this one at Little Birdie Secrets, or this one at Mitzi Collectibles Blog.

7 comments:

FaerySarah said...

LOL I'm obsessed with containers. I LOVE boxes, have boxes for everything, even empty ones just cos they are boxes and i love them.

Everything is so much more tidy when in a box or in your case, a tin!

Johanna said...

AHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I am going to attempt one of these tonight with a super ugly tin I have.

kaikais said...

i never get tired of the life is beautiful poster! it looks awesome on a tin! great job.

Mitzi Curi said...

Thanks so much for linking to my blog! I love this project too, and enjoy seeing all of the beautiful variations that creative folks are producing!

Mitzi

LJ, DC and ML said...

Ooh, I LOVE that Wheat-bix tin. Cute!

Belinda Julie said...

Yes I LOVE too and am going to COPY! Such a good idea! Oh yes and I will be sure to copy your little kiddies book too! xo

Sarah loves it all said...

Super cute, and I LOVE your tins! I like your eclectic style.

Related Posts with Thumbnails