Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eight Pluses at 8:00

Pluses:
  1. Esky has been napping in her new "big girl" bed each day.
  2. I live in the age of the vacuum cleaner.
  3. A fair number of my friends are prone to giving baked gifts during the festive season.
  4. The silver lining of our dear family friends returning to Australia - they are off-loading stuff...and gave me a laminator. A laminator, people! The kitchen table has been warmed by it every other day since.
  5. Lucius has become very sociable since we left him for three days, last week.
  6. I forget I'm cookin' a cherub. I feel so good, I actually forget sometimes (until I pick something up too quickly, sit up too quickly, drink too much carbonated drink, or feel the little one squirming). I've felt much better for months 4 through 6 than I did while carrying Esky...even with the "heat." (I put that in quotes, because I find NZ's climate so mild it seems odd to ever comment on its extremes.)
  7. Fresh strawberries are affordable right now.
  8. Haki picked up Catching Fire this week.
Related Posts with Thumbnails