Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm glad I didn't show her how to "zoom"

One positive about having your mother in town, is that you have a camera-wielding spectator attending your visit to the public pools.

One negative about having your mother in town, is that you have a camera-wielding spectator attending your visit to the public pools.

You read right - I finally had a willing photographer, and prematurely presumed it would be excellent to at last have some pictures of me with my daughter, without the aid of a timer or photobooth app - and as it turns out, lacking such, presently, is probably for the best.

I'm not so keen on the "8-months-pregnant (read: uber voluptuous /cough busty) and pasty" look being preserved for posterity. Call me fussy.

I am keen on the joy I saw projected out of Esky's dimples and wet eyelashes like beams of light...as well as the effects of 1.5 hours of water play;

1.5 hours was how long I lasted, I might add...she was nowhere near being done; hauling my hump in and out of the water proved more of a feat than I anticipated. Being in the water and weightless - relaxing. Spending the bulk of the aquatic visit lumbering in and out of toddler depths - not so much.
Related Posts with Thumbnails