Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby Names OR Venn Diagram Fail



Heaven help us.
Literally. I am praying that a higher power will help us clear the tumbleweed that occupies our overlapping ovals and find a solution to our current pickle.
We actually scoff at each other's suggestions;

Me: Are you serious?
Haki: Yes.
Me: No, I mean, really, I can't tell if you're kidding or not.
Haki: Yeah, "Ellay," like the city - L.A. - only spelled out, not initials. (Said in an obvious tone.)
Me: Are you serious?

...

Haki: "Marine." Now that's a cool name.
I am thinking about fish. I raise an eyebrow.
Haki: I'm a MARINE!
I am thinking about a baby wearing camo.

...

Haki: Jonas is too "Jonas brothers."
Me: I wouldn't know a Jonas brother if I passed one on the street.
Haki: So, other people know who they are.
Me: But they won't know who they are in a few years. Plus, it's their last name, and this is a first name.
Haki: Nope.
Me: But think of Jonas Blane. (The leading sergeant in a Black Ops Unit in a TV series we watched.) Also, the Bible.
Haki: Now there's an idea.
Me: Yes?!
Haki: "Snake Doctor!" (Jonas Blane's callsign.)
I slump my shoulders.

...

Me: What about "Lexi?"
Haki: No.
Me: Why not?
Haki: Lexicon.
Me: Pah!
Haki: No, it's "lexicon."
Me: That sounds like a Transformer more than a linguistics term.
Haki appears to reconsider my submission.
Haki: No.

...

Me: I really like "Archer."
Haki: No.
Me: C'mon.
Haki: We already have an archer in this family.
(Haki does not mean there is already someone named "Archer" in our family. Haki was suggesting he has bow-fighting skills. This is what I'm working with.)

Like I say...heaven. help. us. Please.
Related Posts with Thumbnails