Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

I understand Easter isn't "personally significant" for everyone. I also believe it's every individual's call how and what they honour.

My call?
Easter is personally significant
...personally.
As I was reminded yesterday, there would be no Christmas without Easter; the events we remember at this time of year are the very same things that give us cause to celebrate a certain birth - a Saviour's birth.

And for three beautiful breathing reasons, this year Easter felt richer and more meaningful than ever. Granted, He should be remembered all times of year, but this weekend I have been overwhelmed with gratitude for the bands of death being broken so that I can spend eternity with my family. My family.

One lifetime isn't nearly enough.

(Artwork by Simon Dewey)
Related Posts with Thumbnails