Thursday, April 7, 2011

Five Food Factoids at 5:00

Food factoids:
  1. Our family's favourite soft, oaty chocolate chip cookies (you should try them) are also great with one grated apple in place of the chocolate chips - worth trying, I tell you. I also add a teaspoon of cinnamon. This variation has proved very handy, given the likelihood our chocolate chip container is empty, come baking time.
  2. I've never tried a macaroon.
  3. I delight in steaming veges over boiling pasta while making dinner - it makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of my stovetop elements, minimising power use, and plain being efficient. E.g. here's steaming brocolli to have with ham carbonara (pasta on the boil):
  4. There are mighty big marrows available right now in these parts, and I'm a fan of stuffing these babies, just like my mama used to. Well, by adapting this recipe in memory of the way my mama used to. That's right, I didn't remember to take a picture of the finished item until Haki was already most of the way through his share.
  5. I crave hotdogs. Regularly.
Related Posts with Thumbnails