Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Five Parent Moments at 5:00

  1. I experienced my first afternoon of Ivy crying uncontrollably for an extended period of time today...and Esky joined in out of empathy and weariness towards the end. It broke my heart. They both eventually fell asleep on me - one on each arm - all cried out. That's when I cried.
  2. I cried again when I heard Haki come in through the front door - it had been his first day back at work. Apparently the sound of the door opening is very emotional.
  3. Now everything is okay; Haki's home.
  4. Everything will still be okay when he leaves again (like it was all morning), but boy it's hard to hear a newborn's cry when you're still all hormonal and whatnot.
  5. Even when I'm exhausted, I still can't believe how good I've got it.
P.S. I only have two children! Wowsers to those with multiple newborns!
Related Posts with Thumbnails