- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal*
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees C (400F).
- Stir flour, cornmeal, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Beat until very smooth.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk, then add to previous mixture and stir well. This will produce a very runny mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch loaf tin (22.5 cm)...the deeper the better.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; the loaf should be lightly browned on top.
*This is not cornflour or grits - you're looking for something like this: