2 cups flour
2 1/2 level Tablespoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup canola oil
2 single-serve pottles of yoghurt (I use what we usually have - Meadowfresh Strawberry - Haki's favourite, this is around 1 cup)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg (sometimes I add a squirt of mayo if my eggs are small - say, size 5)
1 grated apple
1 Tablespoon cinnamon mixed with
3 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and smear butter in your muffin tin (makes 12 medium muffins). Alternatively: these peel away from patty cases really well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, combine the oil, yoghurt, milk and egg (1/3 cup buttermilk in place of the yoghurt works well).
- Add the apple and wet ingredients to the dry and blend until just combined.
- Place in muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to rest for a few minutes, then serve while warm.