Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Most Expensive Dip I've Ever Made



About two years ago, we attended a little work function in the home of one of Haki's colleagues.  The entire finger-food spread was incredible, but its crowning jewel was a small casserole dish of warm dip (accompanied by sliced baguettes).  I did my best to mix with those attending, but it was hard to leave the table when there was still dip to be had.  It has taken me two years, but I made it for myself.  And it'll probably be two years before I do it again -- because this dip is ex.pens.ive.  (Perhaps not in other countries / regions?)  So, if you're having something fancy, know that you can pin at least one of your guests to the table and have them talking about the food for a long time: make this dip.

Fran's Hot Artichoke Dip

Method:
Mix all of the ingredients in a small and shallow casserole dish and bake in a medium oven for 10-15 minutes.

Ingredients:
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (available at Countdown)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon mayonaisse (and because the source of the recipe was from Canada, I used quality mayonaisse, not NZ's watery stuff)
1 clove/teaspoon of crushed garlic
A dash of lemon juice
Optional: salt (I didn't use any)

Serve with bread, pita chips, celery sticks, crackers or...simply a spoon. /sideways confession glance.

The girls both loved this too, for the record (and yes, that is the best picture I got, because that girl that hovered ate her own batch up quick-smart; I had to resort to snapping a shot of Esky's serving).
Related Posts with Thumbnails