Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mini Movie Reviews: Bulk Hit No 30

Oblivion 
Good sci fi.  Does what sci fi should.  Not a mind-blowing "film" but an entertaining movie.
Argo
Crass.  Intelligent.  Authentic-feeling.  Haki couldn't bear it and left pretty quick -- so that tells you something (not a lot of early action)...this one's more about suspense and transporting you to a different time.  I wouldn't watch it again.
Les Misérables (2012)
Despite Anne Hathaway exceeding my expectations, and a few other moments I liked, I have to say I would rather have only heard the soundtrack for this and instead watched the 1998 film of the story again (I love that version...this one, not much).


Winnie the Pooh Movie
This is my favourite kids' movie.  I wasn't into Pooh as a kid, but I love this movie.  (I laugh a lot.)

Hope Springs (2012)
Neither of us could sit through this.  I tried.  It was too uncomfortable.  And it's not because it's about an older couple, or because I'm a prude, it's because it wasn't entertaining or interesting...it was delving too much into things I don't care to explore in that forum.  Not to my taste.
Related Posts with Thumbnails