Sunday, May 5, 2013

The End of an Era

I don't remember crying about it, but I remember grieving. 
I remember thinking, "I understand this incredible blessing is coming, and it is going to add dimensions, beauty and richness to our lives that I can scarcely comprehend." 

That blessing coming was Ivy. 

It was an exciting time. 
Yet I also grieved.  And perhaps it doesn't make sense to you, but for me, I also had to accept that this magical chapter where it was just "Me and E" each day was coming to its end, and no matter how wonderful the rest of the story was going to be, these days were about to be my past;
 
 
And I feel it happening now again.  We are thrilled.  We invite the next chapter to increase our measure of joy -- the chapter heralded by another baby;
But I'm also doing my best to savour the season I'm parting with; the season of me and two little girls spending the day together;
 
Again, I haven't cried.  But I feel a loss. 
Trust me, this is not a complaint.  It's just a small wave going out before an entire tide comes in. 
When I do get a little teary, is when I remove myself from the equation, and consider how this is an end of an era for a certain duo;
 
And for them, I welcome and understand this incredible blessing is coming, and it is going to add dimensions, beauty and richness to their lives that I (let alone they) can scarcely comprehend.
But I'm again saying a small and quiet farewell.  Farewell, family of four.
Baby 3, we look forward to you rewriting our idea of a fullness of joy all over again.
Rewrite it good.
x
Related Posts with Thumbnails