Thursday, June 6, 2013

Five Happy Discoveries at 5:00



  1. I bought stacks of pillowcases in $1 bundles years ago.  Many of you use cloth nappies the way I use these -- as the bottom sheet for the bassinet, as burp cloths, or slipped over our waterproof changing mat. I also use cool patterned ones as sacks for games, and I've even er...put a few on pillows.   They are the perfect size for so many things, and for $1 for 10, they were right price.  The bargain that keeps on giving.
  2. Paracetamol rocks.  For the first day or so home I wasn't taking any.  Why?  I don't know.  Crazy business.  Then I started taking it, and certain tender areas became less of a bane.  Again, why, why did I delay?  If there is any time in life where mild painkillers for comfort is called for, it's after squeezing a >9pounder from your private place.
  3. I've told y'all before, we use cabbage tree leaves for kindling, and I can't recommend this enough.  Those rude, shedding things should give back something!  Although...I still haven't regained all feeling in my thumb from the day I must've spent too long scissoring them into smaller pieces.  I don't recommend that.
  4. I recently had the fan on my laptop cleaned.  Ohmyzagoodness.  If you have a lappy, and don't get this done regularly, I can't recommend it enough.  I could hear my laptop's fan running often, and the machine would seriously heat up.  Since having it cleaned, I have noticed a huge difference.  Not to mention that my charging jack fried due to overheating, and if I'd just had the fan cleaned sooner a replacement part wouldn't have been required.  I think getting your fan cleaned is one of the easiest things you can do to extend the life of a laptop and save yourself money in the long run.
  5. I can eat three hearty breakfasts before 11am without cracking a sweat.  My 1.5-weeks-ago insta-fullness has long departed and been replaced with insatiability.  Oh, breakfast dessert, how I've missed you.  And it's Mia's rolls that are multiplying by the minute, peop's -- woot.
Related Posts with Thumbnails