Tuesday, June 4, 2013

When brands matter

Although I consider myself fairly frugal, there are some foods and products where brands matter -- where should I purchase a generic substitute for a brand for which I've found a preference, I am sorely disappointed.

When brands matter:
When buying...
  • Peanut butter
  • Brown sugar
  • Ice cream
  • Wipes
  • Nappies
  • Mayonnaise 
  • Sanitary products 
  • Soy milk
  • Biersticks
  • Shampoo and conditioner 
  • Toothpaste
When they don't:
When buying...
  • Butter
  • White Sugar
  • Milk
  • Edam/Colby Cheese
  • Salt
  • Laundry Soakers
  • Flour
I won't bandy about all of my brand preferences here, but I will say Verkerks are better than Heller's when it comes to biersticks, and tampons shouldn't have fluff on their outside (Libra only, thanks).  Yes, I typed "tampons."

What about you?  Do you pay more for a particular brand of something? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails