Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mini Movie Reviews: Bulk Hit No 33

Oz the Great and Powerful
Absurd and delightful all at once.
'Til There Was You
Kind of sweet.  Dated.  Has a smaller share of sexual references than more modern rom coms, but a lot more smoking.  It does have some very lovely moments.
Upside Down
I don't care if it is flawed, I loved it.  Scrummy to look at, fun to watch unfold, and right up my genre-alley -- tickety tick tick!  (Of all of the titles in this bulk hit, this is the one you'd have to chase up -- for us it was our Pay-per-play on our free 5-week trial of Quickflix, but I haven't seen it in many DVD stores here.  Worth a chase-up though -- above average, for sure.)
Jane Austen's Emma
I have watched Gwyneth play this part time and time again, but saw this adaptation (starring Kate Beckinsale) for the first time only this month.  It seems to me Austen's stories never fail to make good films -- anyone who has the budget to portray the period has the sense to be true to the book, and therefore it's going to be awesomesauce.  I loved revisiting this story on-screen with a new cast (mid-way thinking, "Oh, why can't this be a mini-series?!  I don't want it to end!).  Emma -- what a tale!
Related Posts with Thumbnails