- Gratitude. We received a beautiful book, shipped directly from The Book Depository. We didn't order it. And no one has checked in to see if we received it, nor dropped any hints. Can I just say that I'm a big fan of anonymous gifts? I am a big fan of anonymous gifts! Yes, I love to be able to thank someone; yes, yes. But what I love even more, is knowing someone out there wants our happiness more than he/she wants recognition. I only worried if I'd lost my mind for about three minutes.
- Surprised. When I was growing up, our family won stuff a lot. Cars, even. During Christmas-week, my dad checked if I had signed up for My 2Degrees and entered their Christmas promotion. My head was elsewhere, but my Competition P.A. persisted. In the end, I gave him my password and agreed he should just log in and enter for me. Which he did. Twice. We won a bodyboard and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. Winning -- it's what we do. /"Don't hate the player?"-shrug
- Dread. Our decorations are still up. Some years, this has been because I don't want the season to end. This year, it's because I am not at all looking forward to the task of packing them all away. With all the rain we've had (which is fine, do what you will, Weather), laundry, child-rearing, and staying up too late watching period dramas is about all I care to manage. Untangling the lights on the tree? Hauling stuff into the bowels of the garage? Maybe next week. (And I'm not one for procrastinating.)
- Confusion. I was released from being in charge of the kids' organisation at church a few weeks ago. I knew it was coming. I mean, we did move out. I still feel...blah about it. I miss the team of people I worked with and I miss teaching each week. But I'm also relieved...because then there's more time for untangling lights, right? Or more late night period drama.
- Suffocated. By screens. They're the vampires of this decade. I realise I'm at one now. And that I watched eight episodes of The Paradise on one in a matter of days. But people on their phones when there are people right there, wanting to engage with them? @#*&@?! I've instituted some phone-free blocks of time in my day in an effort to avoid being bitten and drained dry...since I doubt they respond to garlic.
Space Party Printables
2 days ago