Two weeks ago:
This evening, waiting for the parade to start, watching everyone light their lanterns (big and small):
- When Ivy saw the spider-dude on stilts she said, "Let's go home." The parade hadn't started.
- Mia looks uncomfortable in my arms because she is attempting to claw her way out of the Moby. She fell asleep in there 5 minutes later. A covert boob may or may not have been involved.
- I loved the way Esky's eyes were wide as she exclaimed, "It would have taken so long to make that castle!" Our small cloud lantern took us 2 hours to make.
- We were next to the drumming group in the staging area. Drums make the parade, man.
- The fireworks were cancelled due to windy conditions. Ba....bow. That would be the same wind that blew out our lantern before the parade was over. Aw.
- The lines for the food stalls were sooooo long (note to self for next year: pack a warm wrap and a thermos of Milo and skip the queues).
- I love Dunedin.