- This book immediately had my interest. It commences with a 10-year-old voice (in first-person) that feels 10 years old...instead of like an adult pretending. That's something.
- I think a mature 10-year-old would cope with the content, but I would want to read it with them. There are a few moments that I would want to discuss. Who am I kidding? I would want to discuss all the moments! This book is brimming over with discussion items! It is a great case study! And it isn't just great material and morals for young people to consider, there was so much the parents were going through that had me thinking.
- It has excellent plotting.
- It surprised me.
- The adult dialogue is superb.
- It was one of those books that I finished and thought, "I think everyone should read that book."
- It's an easy read and it doesn't have anything nasty in it (sex, drugs, pornography, alcohol, crazy cussing etc.).