Saturday, March 21, 2015

Easter Music Concert in Wellington!

Christmas has so many opportunities, carols, traditions, and ways to celebrate. Easter is just as special to our family (if not arguably more so, when we break down what we're celebrating), and yet I find there are fewer obvious ways to focus on the reason for this season.  Do you?  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact we're seeing autumn in with a host of Spring symbols!  Yes, at Christmas we have the odd snowman and icicle array reminding us there are other (colder) parts of the world celebrating with us, but I don't think that levels things; there aren't really "Empty Tomb Sets" or "Resurrected Saviour" finger puppets to match December's nativity scenes, nor the selection of Easter playlists and albums!

Next weekend, Wellingtonian believers (or explorers) have an opportunity to celebrate the Easter season with music!  For all denominations or non-denominational peop's, St Paul's church is the place to be.  Yes, I'm totally plugging.   What, exactly? I'm plugging not only an all-new musical production following the life of Christ, culminating in the events of Holy Week, but it's an all-new musical production written by my sister (and friends). 

One reason to be there?  Because I wish I could be.

You can find out more about the concert, choir, soloists and tickets, here!

Image: Simon Dewey 

Related Posts with Thumbnails