- Yay: The Mentalist ended perfectly! I temporarily bailed after The Red John arc wrapped up. Then I jumped back in, and I really enjoyed the final season! (Although the finale was intense.)
- Nay: When I see things I had watch-listed on TradeMe go for their $1 reserve because I was busy at closing time (no, sometimes you can't bid earlier!), I think about it for at least two days. I'm glad I was too busy living, yada yada, but $1 bikes? Because I forgot to set an alarm? /sigh
- Yay: I neglected to include one of my favourite Esky quotes from last year in her round-up post, so I'm going to give it its own point here (as well as editing it into the original post, of course!); Esky, 2014: "When I grow up, I want to be an animal rescuer, like Diego. Only not drawn."
- Nay: I experienced something new in the supermarket carpark, recently. I wheeled my trolley of groceries up to our car, my three girls, in company. My groceries still needed packed (I prefer to do it outside in the sun). I had a relatively close parking space, but it wasn't a packed-out lot. But a guy -- a guy I could see, and well -- indicated he wanted my space and sat there -- through the unlocking, hand-holding leading, belting of kids, the rushed bag-stuffing and loading (I like to pack my way too, you'll be unsurprised to hear), and most rich of all -- the trolley return. At no point did he give it a second thought and scan for another vacant park, he waited, and watched. I didn't enjoy it much. It was one of the moments I would have liked to have had a bird-flipping friend. Because I don't flip 'em, but I would've snorted a little if a defensive, more aggressive pal did. How lame of me is that? Fight my (non-)battles, Bravies?
- Feminine Hygiene Information Pending Alert (opportunity to avert your eyes, male readers)! This is a Super-yay: I have switched to a menstrual cup and I think they are the best. Google your heart out if you're drawing a blank / seriously consider it if you've been on the fence / email me with a solidarity shout if you already knew about the Secret Agent feeling of control these things bring. Emails also welcome from prospective Femmepals seeking support. /wink
- Nay: We have had a bad run of fruit, of late. Stone fruits, in particular! Deceptive avocado (I thought I knew all the tricks!), blah nectarines, and bland apricots. Oh, and one not a stone fruit -- an entirely inedible watermelon. I grieve for fruit that won't ripen any further and advances to compost without passing go.
- Yay: We have been the recipients of anonymous kindnesses of late, and it has been so so heart-warming.
- Yay: We went aboard a docked ship today for a tour, and Esky has been bunking on the couch on-and-off since, pretending she is in her berth at sea. Sh, don't tell Diego!
Space Party Printables
11 hours ago