End of Days, Susan Ee
I reread Angelfall and World After in anticipation of this book's release. I found them engaging all over again, but boy was I bombarded with how gruesome they are! I mean, I realised the first time, but I was truly struck this second time through by it. These are certainly not for everyone.
End of Days:
- ...takes everything further. And things have already gone pretty far, as readers of Books 1 and 2 know. It threatens to be too much, occasionally, but I enjoyed suspending disbelief to see the story out, even if the effort to to be epic felt strained, occasionally.
- Book 3 flows on so well from Book 2 (re-reading made this very clear).
- I wasn't as impressed with the writing, in this one. It is still fun, but felt less polished. That said, it never gets in the way of telling the story, which I really like.
- Dee and Dum weren't so funny, for me, although I could picture them easily.
- There is the first crossing of the line with sensuality, in this book (heads up, folks). Language is censored (thank you!), but remember, it is gore-to-the-max.
Review copy supplied by Hachette.