The Book of a Thousand Days, Shannon Hale
I read this aloud to Esky over the course of a few weeks. I think it is a little above her still, but she seemed to take so much more from it than I expected. I think we will buy and reread this title again later. It has:
- Beautiful comparative language.
- Sophisticated world-building.
- A classical feel.
- A slower pace, but never dull.
- References to sensuality which are so vague so their gravity is only recognisable if you're older.
- Line drawing illustrations.