Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Selection - revisited by the royal romance's heir

I enjoyed The Selection Series.  Oh how I know it's not for everyone.  It's heavy on the romance and light on the everything else.  But I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Cass has come back to rewrite The Selection Process for the next generation in her recovering world. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22918050-the-heir
The Heir, Kiera Cass
For me, this story was all about my interest in The Selected.  I wanted to know more about them and see how things played out for them.   Why?  Because the heir(ess) was unlikable for most of the book.  By the end, I was hopeful I could care about her...and still very concerned about the lads...so on the self-same day I tore into...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26074181-the-crown
The Crown, Kiera Cass
...wherein the protag grew on me...like lichen.  I cared about her in the second book!  There are still buggy stereotypes and these books are predominantly love-driven princess stories, I get it, but guys...I like those sometimes.  Highlight: the camaraderie between the elite.


I recommend only if you enjoyed The Selection series, Matched and/or The Jewel (I think it's quite a bit better than The Lone City series).



Related Posts with Thumbnails