Friday, August 26, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Want to know what a younger reader thinks of this new script-book from J.K.?   Special guest Olive of Little Librarian is here to share her thoughts on Harry Potter #8...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29056083-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child---parts-one-and-two?from_search=true
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, J.K. Rowling
Summary: Harry Potter (now married to Ginny Weasley) is sending his son Albus Potter to Hogwarts for his first year at the wizarding school. Albus expresses concerns to his father that he will be sorted into the Slytherin house, famous for outputting more Dark witches and wizards than any other house. On the train, Albus befriends Draco Malfoy’s son, Scorpius, despite Rose Granger-Weasley’s warnings of rumours surrounding him. When Albus gets sorted into Slytherin, they become fast friends, and the story begins…
It was amazing to be back in the Harry Potter world. I mean, once you go through the books more than two times, you start wanting some new story. So it was refreshing to be back in that world, but with some new stories. It was magical to be there, and I hope that I can give it a fair review despite the fact that I was just happy to be back.

Another thing that I liked about it was that it reminded my of Doctor Who in all the best ways. Time travel, alternate realities (although none referred to as such). If you know me, you also know that I am also a massive Doctor Who fan. Combining one of my favourite book series with some of the best elements of my favourite TV show is like a dream come true.


Read the rest of Little Librarian's review here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails