I love this book.
- The foreword alone is fantastic.
- I find the illustration style so appealing. My kids do too. Win.
- The language is excellent -- never condescending nor transcending for younger readers (or tired older ones!)
- The selection of artists is great and the biographical information has been shared judiciously.
- The grouping of artists is a great organisational mental decision for comprehension and retention.
- The length of each section is enough to build a fair identity for each character but short enough to keep the book fun (instead of something you start and mean to finish).
- I did so much back-reading after finishing this and I loved it. I also enjoyed approaching the artists I already knew pretty well with new eyes.
- This would be great to link into art / classroom / home school -study topic -- you could read a chapter, project images of the artist's work, then produce art in the same style for quite a while! It would provide a great framework.
E-copy review copy via Netgalley.