Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Parenting Reference Book of Now

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29430725-how-to-talk-so-little-kids-will-listen
How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen, Joanna Faber & Julie King
A small proportion of parenting books resonate with me.  This is one of my favourites.  I've consulted it after frustrating days, during inspired intentional mornings like a game plan, and in conversations with Haki.  I love the ideas, love the examples, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the cartoon strip summaries at the end of chapters.  I've been "in" this book for months now and I intend to stay in it...for quite some time.  An excellent resource for parents who believe in the power of positive speech and respectful, empowering interactions with their children. 

Review copy from Netgalley.
Related Posts with Thumbnails