Thursday, February 23, 2017

That Klassen!


Everything he touches turns to storybook-gold.  His latest work is no exception;

Triangle, Mac Barnett
Barnett and Klassen have teamed up again to prove that with the simplest of elements they can generate  suspense, a complete narrative, and of course humour (the pair collaborated on Extra Yarn and Sam and Dave Dig a Hole).  Kudos, Barnett, for framing a commonly-used comedic device in a picture book and opening it up for debate.  Bonus: This is a great title for doing voice too.  My girls and I loved reading this book, and I loved handling it.  The thick board cover, matte finish, title-less front (the image above is the front cover!) are enough to entice you into picking it up.  I'm a sucker for Klassen.  His Hat books are such a hoot, but beyond that, I'm sure I'm not alone in finding his distinctive muted pallette gets my attention; "That's Klassen -- which means I need to check it out."  You should too, so keep your Klassen radar operational, this one's officially out March 14.

Review copy received from Walker.


Related Posts with Thumbnails