Wednesday, June 7, 2017

An Irresistible Piglet


Look Out, Pink Piglet! Phil Cummings and Sarah Davis
This follow-up to Be Brave, Pink Piglet! is too cute not to fall for.  The illustrations are so. darn. cute.  After Haki read it to Mia, she came back into the room I was in, clutching the book to her chest, professing the book must never go anywhere (in a home that's inundated with books, I confess, we do not keep them all).   Mia had made her stand.  When I read the book to myself prior to that, I thought it was okay, but it's become very clear since its strength is in the read-aloud -- the rhythm and repetition is perfect for listening little ones, and then they're simultaneously drinking in the sweet nectar of very pretty pages!  The intrigue is a bonus. 

Review copy received from Hachette.
Related Posts with Thumbnails